Incredible Discounts That Seniors Probably Don’t Know About
Sometimes just asking 'Do you have a discount for senior citizens?' is all it takes to get some incredible savings. My friend, who shall remain anonymous at this time (a lady never tells her age!) does this everywhere we go, and she really racks up freebies and savings!
Life'd has a list of 19 huge discounts that seniors probably didn't know they could get. Pass the world y'all, these are pretty awesome!
- Get a better mortgage rate - you could lower your payments with the help of The Home Affordable Refinance Plan
- Installing a home alarm system - ADT is currently offering $800 in savings if you just pay the installation fee
- Deals on cruises - if you are over 55, look for discounts from such big names as Carnival Cruises and Royal Caribbean
- Lower auto insurance rates - a new website, Best Quotes Auto Insurance, helps you compare rates from multiple companies at the same time
- Save on Medical costs - some insurance companies will send you a senior discount card for prescriptions. Be sure to check if yours does!
- Take online surveys, and get paid for it - Survey Junkie is your go to spot to make some extra money!
- Save on life insurance - instead of rising premiums, how about a website that checks for the absolute best rates for seniors? It's LifeInsurance.net
- Retail discounts - places like Kohl's, Marshall's, Ross, and Target all offer senior discount days. Pretty good savings, too!
- Eating out - a pretty huge list of national restaurant chains where seniors get discounts. Definitely worth checking out!
- Television / Cable - there's a new sheriff in town, and it's giving network and cable tv companies a run for their money. Check out the ClearView antenna or places like Netflix or Amazon Prime
- Home repairs - seniors can get a setup with the Home Warranty Program that can save you a lot of cash
- Car repairs - who among us hasn't freaked out when your vehicle breaks down? Fixd can instantly diagnose what's wrong. And if you are unsure about how well it works, they did $50,000,000 in sales just in 2017. Wow!
- Hotels - you'd be surprised at how many hotel chains offer senior discounts. They include Marriott, Motel 6 and Comfort Inn
- Movie tickets - AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas & CineMagic all offer senior discounts.
- Amusement Parks - Busch Gardens, SeaWorld Orlando, Disney Land & Dollywood are some of the places that offer discounts if you are over 55
- National Parks - if you are over 62, you can purchase a lifetime pass for $80, or an annual pass for $20, and get in to all 2,000 federal recreation sites, including National Forests and grasslands
- Get a reverse mortgage - only available to older home owners
- Night Sight HD driving glasses - if you are over 55, these incredible glasses will be sold at a big discount. And they really work!
- Get your free 72 hour food survival kit - if you were born before 1965, Food4Patriots wants to make sure you are taken care of in case of emergency. They'll send you a free box, but you do have to pay shipping and handling.