Latest Mickey Shunick Information
The latest Mickey Shunick information. Search volunteers are giving their 100% best efforts. Many of you may already be aware of some of these things:
- The reward money has gone up to $25,000.
- Family and friends were scheduled to be on Good Morning America this morning. They were pre-empted by breaking national news. A reporter is on her way from New York City, and a producer is on her way from Houston; both will be in town this afternoon.
- There will be a Solidarity Bike Ride tonight at 7:00 p.m. starting at Parc Sans Souci. They will ride down the route Mickey may have taken. Good Morning America will be on hand for this event. GMA will film search and rescue efforts.
- The family will be on Nancy Grace live tomorrow evening.
- Port Barre Fire Team were present this morning to help with search efforts.
- Efforts are underway to begin searching Lake Martin. Officials are looking for boats, canoes, dredging materials, etc. They are meeting at the lake tonight at 5:00 p.m.
- The volunteer groups have plenty of food and water. They need things like post-it notes, legal pads, printing paper, pens, markers, power strips and other office materials.
- A few generators are needed.
- They need caps with bills on them.
- Florida Water for skin.
- The Lamar Advertising for putting missing notices on digital billboards throughout the state.
- UL Student Government Association is working with the group.
- Live appearance on CNN today and everyday until Mickey is found.
- Due to the hot weather, nurses are on hand to watch over the health of the search volunteers.
- Installing 20x10 tent so volunteers can stay the night if they have to.
We greatly appreciate the efforts each and every volunteer has put in. This entire situation is heartbreaking and tragic; however, everyone's help makes a huge difference.
Sincerely, thank you all.