Never, Ever Say These Things In A Text Message
Who would have thought 20 years ago that most of our human contact and daily interaction would actually be done by typing on a phone? Text messaging is great if you don't want to talk to the person, but, let's be honest, it really is kind of impersonal.
MSN Lifestyle has some awesome suggestions about what you should never say over a text, and I agree with most of them. Check them out below, and let us know what your thoughts are!
- Anything that requires an in depth conversation - if a text message takes up more than one page, it's too long
- Fighting with your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend - you can't judge tone on a text, so harsh words can become borderline abusive when just being read
- Anything that is sarcastic or negative - remember, you can't judge tone. And these things can come back to bite you later!
- Sharing intimate or personal info - don't send your credit card number, social security number, or.....nude selfies
- Apologies - these need to be done in person
- A 'We have to talk' message - nothing scares me more than that one phrase - just don't do it!
- Breaking Up - No. Never.
- Saying 'I love you' for the very first time - you really need some face to face interaction with this one
- Sharing news of a death - this is so cruel, and it makes the person sending the message look completely cold and uncaring
- Quitting your job - keep away from the electronic devices no matter how much you hate your job