Women Find Chocolates and Flowers ‘Too Cliché’
Hey guys, you may want to skip the flowers and chocolates. A new survey by the social network Zoosk.com reveals that 58 percent of women consider Valentine’s Day flowers and chocolates to be “too cliché.”
Apparently ladies want something with a little more thought put into it. Sure!
One thing you can’t skip out on is the card. While a majority of men surveyed said they don’t particularly enjoy receiving sappy Valentine’s Day cards, 65 percent of the women surveyed said they love ‘em.
Here’s some of the additional findings:
- 72 percent of men and 58 percent of women say Valentine’s Day is perfectly suited for a first date.
- 62 percent of singles say the best time for a romantic date is sometime other than Valentine’s Day.
- 49 percent of singles say the best aspect of being single on February 14 is that there is “No pressure. I don’t have to plan anything, buy anything, or get dressed up.”
- 36 percent of singles say the best aspect of being single on love day is “I don’t have to be romantic just because it’s Valentine’s Day.”
- 16 percent of singles say the best part of being single on Valentine’s Day is that “it’s less expensive.”
By the way, the survey conducted involved more than 1,200 singles in the U.S.