Your Acadiana Weekend Planner — August 15-17, 2014
What to do, what to do, what to do? Maybe we should ask — “how are you gonna fit it all in one weekend?”
With the first week of school in the books for most of the children, we bet you and the kids are looking for something fun to do this weekend. Well, you guys are in luck because the activities are plentiful.
Here a few of the highlights:
- Delcambre Shrimp Festival – Friday through Sunday at the Shrimp Festival Grounds in the heart of Delcambre you will find shrimp prepared nearly every way possible, a carnival midway with lots of great rides, the blessing of the fleet and a whole bunch of great, live music including Wayne Toups, Frank Foster, Jamie Bergeron, Tracy Lawrence and more. www.shrimpfestival.net
- Neal McCoy – Friday, 8pm at Paragon Casino Resort in Marksville. www.paragoncasinoresort.com
- Games of Acadiana – Saturday, 10am-4pm at the Cajundome and Convention Center in Lafayette. This free event is the benefit Miles Perret Cancer Services. Bring the entire family out to play in the over 60 exciting and fun games! www.milesperret.org
- Rebel Fest – Saturday, 3pm-10pm at Teurlings Catholic High School in Lafayette –
Nik-L-Beer will take the stage from 3pm-5pm, GTO from 6pm-8pm, and Jaryd Lane from 8pm-10pm. Ice chests are not allowed, however, alcoholic beverages will be sold.
- Vicki Lawrence & Mama: A Two Woman Show – Saturday, 8pm at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino. From favorites such as “The Carol Burnett Show” and “Mama’s Family” comes Vicki Lawrence & Mama bringing you a night full of laughs! www.evangelinedowns.com
Le Cajun Music Awards – Friday & Saturday at Rayne Civic Center (started on Thursday) – The Le Cajun Award and Festival is a unique three day event that features an awards ceremony honoring the best in Cajun music and Cajun musicians and includes a two-day dance festival with award winning Cajun bands providing the music. www.cajunfrenchmusic.org