10 New Orleans Museums To Offer Free Admission In August
If you're looking for a late summer road trip that won't take too much money out of your pocket then New Orleans just might be your destination. Ten different New Orleans area museums are offering free admission for the month of August.
Okay, to be honest, nothing in this world is absolutely free and this sweet deal does have a caveat. You must be a member at one of the participating museums to qualify for the free admission deal.
The museums that are participating in the month-long free admission program according to NOLA.com are:
- The National WWII Museum, 945 Magazine St.
- New Orleans Museum of Art, 1 Collins Diboll Circle
- Ogden Museum of Southern Art, 925 Camp St.
- Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St.
- Ashe Cultural Arts Center, 1712 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd.
- Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, 423 Canal St.
- Beauregard-Keyes House, 1113 Chartres St.
- Longue Vue House and Gardens, 7 Bamboo Road
- Southern Food and Beverage Museum, 1504 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd.
- Confederate Memorial Hall Museum, 929 Camp St.
In my opinion, this is an incredible opportunity even with the stipulation that you become a member of one the institutions listed above. These facilities hold so much knowledge and information about our state, our country, our world, and our way of life, who wouldn't want to make sure that kind of experience was around for future generations to enjoy.