10 Things People in Louisiana Can Do Instead of Watching the Super Bowl
Look, we don't want to be known as the fans that are poor sports, but if we're being honest, we're still a little mad about the NFC Championship game. We'll get over it, and live to cheer on our Saints next year, but it still stings that we won't get to celebrate the Super Bowl with our boys.
But fortunately for us, we live in a state that has sooooo many other things to do, that we might not even miss watching the big game on Feb 3. So if you choose to watch the Super Bowl, we're not going to hold it against you, but I have some suggestions for other fun things to do in case you're boycotting. Just saying! Let's hold our heads high, though, and know we are better than petty feelings. And how great is it that we can do the things below anytime we want. Yay Louisiana!
- Go to a Mardi Gras Parade/Ball
- Look for alligators on a Swamp Tour
- Eat at some of the best restaurants IN THE WORLD
- Tour some of our beautiful plantations on the River Road
- Visit the most haunted house in America - the Myrtles Plantation in St Francisville
- Visit the shrimp boats in Delcambre, or go fishing in one of the best spots in the United States - Grand Isle
- Take a cruise down the Mississippi River on the Steamboat Natchez
- Go to a jazz club for live music on historic Frenchmen St in New Orleans
- Find a cajun music or food festival. There's bound to be one somewhere, sha!
- Go visit Mike the Tiger on campus at LSU