Back to School: School Bus Etiquette
It's back to school time for the kids! Since a lot of mommas and poppas have to get to work early, most kids take the school bus. It is important for kids to be knowledgeable about safety rules and etiquette on the school bus.
Be courteous while waiting at the bus stop.
- Kid's little hands love to pick flowers and grass. Parents- tell your children to refrain from picking neighbor's flowers while waiting for the school bus.
- Arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes early.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before entering.
- Stay in a single-filed line when boarding and exiting the bus.
Be courteous while on the bus.
- Always stay seated and face forward.
- No horseplay in the aisle at any time.
- Never stick head, arms, etc. out of the bus window.
- Wait until the bus has reached a complete stop before getting up to exit.
- Be respectful to the bus driver and other riders.
- No shouting or yelling.
Be courteous while exiting the bus.
- Do not run off the bus.
- Walk 10 giant steps in front of the bus so the bus driver can see you.
- NEVER walk behind the school bus.
- If you drop something under the bus, tell the bus driver- do not attempt to pick it up.
- Always look left and right as if you are crossing the street.
Let's have a great, safe school year!