Beaullieu Dog Park Grand Opening Saturday
There is a new place to take your fur friends as the grand opening of Beaullieu Dog Park is slated for this Saturday.
If you want your four-legged friends to have a place to run free then take them to the new park which is at 411 Bluebird Dr.
This Saturday's event will feature adoption options for anyone who has been thinking about becoming a fur parent, door prizes and a live canine agility demonstration.
In addition to the very large fenced in area, the dog park will offer exercise equipment for your pet and there is a public pavilion.
Officials with Lafayette Consolidated Government say there are some rules:
- Use park at your own risk
- Owners are responsible for the behavior at all times
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park at all times
- Dog waste must be cleaned up immediately
- Owners must be within the dog park and supervising with leash readily available
- Dog handlers must be at least 16 years of age
- Children under 13 must be accompanies by and adult at all times
- Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately
- Dogs should be under voice control
There are a few things that are not allowed at Beaullieu Dog Park, and they include the following:
- You can't bring any glass containers.
- Human food, dog food and dog treats are not allowed.
- If your dog is sick, do not bring them to the park.
- If your dog is aggressive, you should not take them to the park.
- If your dog is a puppy that is under four months, they are not allowed at the park.
- You are not allowed to bring dogs in heat.
Lafayette's other dog park is at the Graham Brown Memorial Park at 1234 East Pont Des Mouton Road.