Creative Activities Your Kids Can Do While at Home During the Coronavirus
Having your children at home during the Coronavirus can be difficult, not only for the parents but also for the kids.
Hannah Comeaux, LPC-S, LMFT is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
She offers these tips to keep your kids from getting cabin fever while practicing social distancing during this time of crisis:
1) This is a great opportunity for kids to play more outside. Enjoy the spring weather and get some fresh air. This is a great way for them to disconnect from technology and social media and reconnect with nature.
2) Use video chat programs like FaceTime to connect with extended family and friends.
3) Keep them busy and on a routine. Create a schedule for them throughout the day to help them stay on top of their learning, chores and of course play time.
4) Online learning academies and other educational resources that will keep them busy is a fun way to learn.
5) Create a family workout routine by creating an at-home gym for the family.
LISTEN to her discuss this issue on OFFSIDES with Brandon Comeaux and Shannon Wilkerson: