“Debris Drop” Happening in October in Lafayette
Lafayette Parish residents can get rid of old trash and junk that aren’t typically picked up with regular garbage collection during “Debris Drop,” set for Saturday, October 24, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. until noon.
Lafayette Consolidated Government (LCG) and Republic Services are sponsoring the annual event, offering two drop-off locations - Brown Park at 1234 E. Pont Des Mouton Road and Neyland Park at 1919 Eraste Landry Road (behind the Robicheaux Recreation Center).
· Brown Park at 1234 E Pont Des Mouton Rd, Lafayette
“LCG and Republic Services want to help citizens properly dispose of some items that may not always get picked up curbside, or that can’t fit into a cart,” says LCG Environmental Quality Manager Bess Foret.
- Old tires, wood and metal, furniture, appliances, carpet and padding, and other construction debris. There is a limit of five tires per person.
- Smaller waste, such as old clothes, shoes and other items should be placed in a bag or box.
- Larger items such as old bicycles, barbeque pits, and steel mounting poles for basketball backboards will also be accepted.
Residents should be prepared to help unload items for disposal and/or recycling.
Only items from households within LCG’s jurisdiction will be accepted. Driver’s licenses will be checked. Waste from businesses will not be accepted.
Items not accepted include:
- Automotive Batteries
- Compressed Gas Cylinders and Power Equipment with a Gasoline Engine
Residents will be given proper disposal instructions.
A complete list of items to be accepted can be viewed online at www.lafayettela.gov or residents may call 291-8529.