Fun Things to do in Louisiana This Weekend
Spring is finally here, and even though there are still a few things that won't go on as planned due to the pandemic, we are ready to get outside and enjoy our beautiful state this weekend. We can always find something to love, even if it means a short road trip.
Our wonderful Louisiana Department of Tourism always has great resources for whatever it is you want to experience in our state, and they have a fun list of things going on this weekend. I've added in a few of my own favorites as well, so get out and enjoy yourself this weekend, fellow Louisianians.
- Second Saturday ArtWalk, Lafayette. Saturday, April 10, 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Enjoy strolling in beautiful downtown Lafayette with restaurants, art galleries and boutiques open late and featuring all kinds of vendors and special events. Also includes Marché Sans Souci, downtown Lafayette's newest handmade market at Parc Sans Souci.
- Market at the Mill, New Roads. April 9-11. One of the most fun arts and crafts shows in Louisiana. Held in the historic cotton mill in beautiful downtown New Roads, this semi-annual event features artisans and craftsmen from all over the south.
- Bourbon and BBQ Festival, Shreveport. Saturday, April 10. This is the inaugural event that organizers are hoping becomes a fun annual happening. Enjoy food from 16 BBQ masters who are competing for honors, and lots of local and regional bourbon-based cocktails to enjoy.
- Mountain Bike Trails grand opening, Saturday, April 10, Franklinton. The grand opening of 14 miles of mountain bike trails at Bogue Chitto State Park. Lots of recreational vendors, and free food and free admission for all ages. ****UPDATE**** Cancelled due to impending bad weather. No firm date is set for future, as of yet.
- The Louisiana Railroad Days Festival, DeQuincy, April 8-11. Head to the DeQuincy Railroad Park for Carnival rides, a parade, and arts and crafts. Come celebrate the history of the railroad, and have some family fun, sha!
Fun Facts About Louisiana That May Surprise You