Louisiana Experiences to Give for Christmas
Sometimes the holidays are not necessarily about 'things', but 'experiences'. And we've got some amazing happenings and things right here in the Bayou State to put on that special someone's Christmas list. And FYI - these are waaaay cooler than going to Walgreens on Christmas Eve to pick up a gift. Thanks to the folks at NOLA.com for the awesome Louisiana inspired suggestions.
- A Museum Membership - we have amazing museums across the state. Some of my favorites are the WWII Museum and Ogden Museum of Southern Art, both in New Orleans. In Acadiana you can get a membership to the Paul and Lulu Hilliard Museum, and the Children's Museum in Lafayette
- A Membership to the Audubon Nature Institute - the whole family can enjoy going to Audubon Zoo, Aquarium of the Americas and Butterfly Garden and Insectarium in New Orleans
- A Swamp Tour - who wouldn't love cruising around the Atchafalaya Basin trying to spot native wildlife, and alligators?
- Visit a Real Louisiana Plantation - we have many historic homes within driving distance, and the River Road plantations are famous all over the world. You can purchase tickets at most of these at the door to take a tour
- Book a Cemetery Tour - New Orleans is known for their amazing above ground cemeteries. According to their website Save Our Cemeteries is the only non-profit in New Orleans that offers cemetery tours
- Season tickets to the Saints, LSU Tigers or UL Lafayette Ragin Cajuns
- Tickets to the Most Haunted House in America - a tour of the Myrtles Plantation in St Francisville is well worth the money, and the drive.
- Take a Steamboat Tour - The Natchez offers a jazz brunch, and a dinner cruise, and it pretty much runs year round from a dock at the French Quarter in New Orleans.
- Zoo Membership - Zoosiana has family memberships for year round fun and special events in Broussard
- Take a Safari at Global Wildlife Center - it's like taking an African Safari at Folsom, Louisiana