Louisiana’s 10 Most Common Phobias
We all have things we don't like and things that make us uncomfortable. However, a legitimate phobia is much more than that. What are the most common phobias shared amongst Louisianians?
Louisiana's 10 Most Common Phobias
A phobia is defined as "an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something."
A recent study has revealed that 19 million Americans currently have some form of phobia.
The most common fears and phobias like the fear of heights, the fear of public speaking, the fear of flying, and even the fear of clowns are things we're all familiar with.
Louisianabets.com analyzed Google searches from the past 12 months to find out what the most searched phobias in the U.S. are.
After collecting the search data from around the U.S., they whittled it down state by state, including Louisiana.
The list of Louisiana's most searched phobias might surprise you a little for a couple of reasons.
There are some phobias on this list you might not know are even a thing.
There are also a few phobias on this list that you might have that are apparently a lot more common than you realize.
According to louisianabets.com, here are "Louisiana's 10 Most Common Phobias"
10. Zoophobia - Fear of Animals - 2,280 searches in the past 12 months
9. Trypanophobia - Fear of Needles - 2,640 searches in the past 12 months
8. Megalophobia - Fear of Large Objects - 4,920 searches in the past 12 months
7. Scopophobia - Fear of Being Stared At - 5,040 searches in the past 12 months
6. Acrophobia - Fear of Heights - 7,800 searches in the past 12 months
5. Arachnophobia - Fear of Spiders - 8,160 searches in the past 12 months
4. Claustrophobia - Fear of Closed Spaces - 12,120 searches in the past 12 months
3. Emetophobia - Fear of Vomiting - 12,600 searches in the past 12 months
2. Thalassophobia - Fear of the Ocean - 20,880 searches in the past 12 months
And, the number 1 phobia of Louisianians is...we don't even want to type the word...
1. Trypophobia - Fear of Clustered Patterns of Irregular Holes - 64,800 searches in the past 12 months
Honestly, if you don't know what Trypophobia is, you don't want to Google it. Once you see an example you'll probably never shake it.
You have been warned...