Movies and TV Shows That Were Filmed in Iberia Parish
They don't call us 'Hollywood of the South' for nothing. Louisiana has become the 'go to' place for filming tv shows, movies, and music videos, mainly because the state offers such great tax breaks. We'll take it!
I recently came upon a list of movies that were filmed in beautiful Iberia Parish, and if you are looking for a spring road trip to visit some of these locations, check out the spots below. Thanks to Iberia Travel for the inspiration!
- True Blood (2008) Locations: The opening montage was partially filmed on E. St Peter Street, and Spanish Lake
- All The King's Men (2006) Locations: Albania Plantation in Jeanerette, which is not open to the public.
- In The Electric Mist (2009) Locations: Lake Fausse Pointe State Park, Bridge Street, downtown New Iberia, shotgun houses across from Anderson Middle School, Iberia Parish Courthouse, Holiday Inn on Hwy 14, Delcambre, New Iberia City Hall, Theriot's Deli, Acadian Ball Park, Episcopal Church of the Epiphany, Teche Motel, room #4, South Louisiana Community College
- A Taste of Louisiana with Chef John Folse & Co. (1990) Locations: Shadows on the Teche, sugar cane fields, Joseph Jefferson Mansion at Jefferson Island, LeJeune's Bakery and the Jeanerette Museum, both in Jeanerette
- The Buccaneer (1958) Locations: Shadows on the Teche
- Return to Boggy Creek (1977) Locations: Lake Dauterive and Lake Fausse Pointe
- White Rose (1923) Locations: Shadows on the Teche, and on Bayou Teche in Franklin, New Iberia and St. Martinville
- Louisiana Story (1948) Locations: Avery Island and Bayou Petite Anse
- Monsterwolf (2010) Locations: Lafayette, and Dock of the Bay Nightclub in New Iberia
- Surviving Progress (2011) Locations: The Cognitive Evolution Group Research Center Chimp Lab