Not All Spring Festivals are Cancelled in 2021
As we are slowly but surely moving towards a more "normal" 2021, there are still some events that will go on as planned in the upcoming months, and we are really excited about that! In a state that has over 400 festivals a year, we have really missed our annual celebrations here in Louisiana. We're trying to keep up with some of the fun happenings that will actually be held this spring, and even though some of them will be in modified form, we're happy to have something to look forward to. We've got a rundown on some of our favorites below, and thanks to Gambit for keeping us updated on those in the New Orleans area.
- NOLA Crawfish Festival. Even though we'll have to wait until 2022 for the Breaux Bridge festival, this one is going on as planned on April 10-11. Normally held in conjunction with Jazz Fest, this year features a really great lineup of entertainment including Jon Clearly and Ivan Neville. And of course, delicious mudbugs
- Sunset Herb and Garden Festival. The 24th annual event on Saturday, May 1 brings together local horticulturists with beautiful blooms and plants for sale and tons of artists and craftsmen. This fun event is held in beautiful downtown Sunset on the grounds of the old high school
- Mid City Bayou Boogaloo. The popular art, food and music festival on Bayou St John in New Orleans. will be held this year on May 14-16, but organizers are currently looking at alternate locations.
- 1st Annual Spring Festival. The City of Walker will hold its inaugural event on April 23-25 at Sidney Hutchinson Park. Music, food, family fun, a farmers market, and a car show are all on the lineup.
- Kite Fest Louisiane. The 17th annual event will be held on April 23-25 in Port Allen at the Capital City United Soccer Complex. Named "Festival of the Year" by the Louisiana Travel Promotion Association, so you're in for a good time, for sure
Fun Day Trips Close to Acadiana