One in Eight People Don’t Have Any Good Friends
With all the high tech communication we have these days, it's a wonder any of us know how to talk to fellow humans. It's something we perhaps should be concerned with, especially with kids coming up these days.
A biproduct of the super-connected world we live in is that we're not exactly going out and meeting new people.
As a result, many of us have less and less friends. Below are a few stats from a new survey regarding our relationships in life and the subsequent loneliness many feel.
- One out of eight people say they don't have any good friends. Two years ago, it was only one in 10 people.
- 18% of people have two close friends. 18% have three while 6% say they have more than 10.
- 45% of people feel lonely at least some of the time. More than a third of those people say they feel lonely pretty much all the time.
- 17% of people say they rarely or never feel loved.
- People who don't have any close friends are 250% more likely to say they feel sad or depressed almost all of the time.
Gosh, this is just sad to read. Go out and make a new friend or reconnect with an old friend!