Perfect Summer Getaways
I'm always on the look out for new people. places, and things, and our friends at Travel + Leisure always have just the right amount of adventure to get excited about! If you are still trying to book that summer vacation with the family, or maybe just a weekend trip outside of your comfort zone - check out these Perfect Summer Getaway destinations in the latest issue. Some of these might take some planning, but Travel + Leisure definitely thinks these are the hot spots for Summer 2016. Each smaller destination is close to a major hub, for reference. All of these have their charms, of course, and I can't wait to visit some of these truly uniquely American locations this summer!
- Atlanta, Georgia - close to Amicalola Falls State Park, and Braselton
- Boston. Massachusetts - close to Truro, and Cape Elizabeth, Maine.
- Chicago, Illinois - close to Valparaiso, Indiana, and Delafield, Wisconsin.
- Houston, Texas - close to Galveston Island, and Austin
- Los Angeles, California - close to Santa Barbar, and Del Mar
- Miami, Florida - close to Key Largo, and Fort Lauderdale
- New York City, New York - close to Great Barrington, MA, and Milton, NY
- San Francisco, California - close to Davenport, California, and Sausalito
- Seattle, Washington - close to Mount Rainier National Park, and Friday Harbor
- Washington, DC - close to Montchanin, Delaware, and Hot Springs, Virginia.