A scary incident happened at Port Barre High yesterday afternoon after a student was rushed to a local hospital after consuming gummy bears possibly laced with THC.

According to KLFY TV-10, a caller to their newsroom said the student purchased the gummy bears in the hallway during a break in between classes.

The student was rushed to Opelousas General around 2:00 pm after several students witnessed the student appearing to be confused and disoriented.

Port Barre Police Chief Deon Boudreaux gave a few details about the incident.

"I can confirm that an ambulance arrived on campus and rushed a student to the hospital due to a possible overdose on THC laced gummy candy," Boudreaux said.

"On arrival, EMT found the student to have an elevated heart rate."

Boudreaux says an investigation is on-going.

"Currently we are awaiting the results of a toxicology report to determine if an arrest will be made."

According to Boudreaux, there were no other student illnesses related to this incident.