Student Starts Small Fire At Paul Breaux Middle
KATC reports that the Lafayette Fire Department responded to a call today at Paul Breaux Middle School. A fire was set by a student in a bathroom at the school.
Lafayette Parish School System spokeswoman Mona Bernard told KATC that a student started the fire in one of school's bathrooms using a paper towel dispenser.
Lafayette Fire Dept. responded quickly to the call and the fire was contained. No injuries are reported, and minor damage was caused in the bathroom. Mostly smoke and soot are the extent of the damages according to Bernard.
The student was taken into custody until his parents arrive at the school.
My son was a student at Paul Breaux, and I remember this happening at least twice while he was there.