The 11 Most Affectionate Dog Breeds
We love our furry friends, they are family. And I know some people are going to scoff at the thought that their BFF (Best Furry Friend) is not on this list, and the folks at Southern Living might agree. But here is their roll call of the 11 most affectionate dog breeds, and if we are being honest, we kind of love them all.
I guess when they say 'affectionate', they are talking about lovable, and those breeds that are most compatible with their humans. But I don't think there is a lot of science to this equation, just a fun little list to get you through the day until you can give your furry friend a big hug and smooch.
- Bulldogs. Sweet, docile, and gentle dispositions
- Brussels Griffon. According to the American Kennel Club, they are 'loyal, alert, and curious'
- Staffordshire and Pit Bull Terriers. Eager to please, but sometimes need socialization training
- Newfoundland. Gentle giants
- Labrador Retrievers. The American Kennel Club says this is America's favorite dog. We're not surprised
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Theses namesakes of King Charles are not considered watch dogs, because they are too friendly!
- Chihuahuas. Likely to closely bond with just one person at a time, and like older, calmer humans
- Bichon Frise. Adorable little balls of fluff
- Pugs. Super friendly and full of energy
- Collies. Everyone loves Lassie
- Golden Retrievers. Cuddly, happy, and very patient with kids