Utility Pole Fire Extinguished Before It Damages A Scott Church
The congregation of Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church are used to casting their eyes upward. However, yesterday those heavenly glances weren't because of Divine Intervention, they were most likely to observe what was happening on top of a utility pole near the church.
Scott firefighters were called to the scene late yesterday when equipment on top of a utility pole apparently overloaded and caught fire. The equipment is connected to the power lines that supply electricity to the church so you can see the reason for the added concern.
Once the fire at the top of the pole had been extinguished Scott firefighters entered the church buildings with thermal equipment just to verify that there were no hot spots or overheated circuits that could cause of problem later. There were not and the building was cleared of any danger.
Once the fire was out the utility company in charge of the faulty equipment was called to make needed repairs.