Trick That Helps You Fall Asleep in Under a Minute
If you are someone who has no trouble falling asleep at night, well then congratulations on all that. These following tips aren't for you and everybody hates you! (OK, maybe it's actually not hate but just a bit of envy.)
If you are normal and have all of the days happenings running through your head while you try to go to sleep, then perhaps some help is coming your way.
There is something called the "4-7-8" exercise that you can try to help fall asleep pretty quickly. Supposedly, it can help you fall asleep in under a minute.
It's a five step process:
- Press the tip of your tongue behind your top front teeth and keep it there the entire time. It's a yoga breathing trick.
- Exhale through your mouth and make a whooshing sound while you do it.
- Close your mouth and breathe in slowly through your nose for four seconds.
- Hold your breath for seven seconds.
- Slowly exhale through your mouth for eight seconds and make the whooshing sound again.
Then repeat the process three times. Proceed to sleep like a baby.