5 Things You Can Make a Great Deal on in January
The Christmas shopping season is well in our rear view mirror and you finally have a little break from the hustle and bustle. But, if you're in the market for certain items, now is the perfect time to buy.
According to "Consumer Reports", here are the five things you should buy this month if you're in the market. Why? Because they're cheaper now than any other month of the year.
- Toys - Holidays are over! If you don't have a little one celebrating this month, might as well stock up for that next birthday party.
- Exercise Equipment (specifically treadmills and elliptical machines) - Stores want to clear them out so they can get new ones in.
- Televisions - Funny huh? Thousands of Americans cram stores for the big TV deals on Black Friday, when in fact they're cheaper historically in January than any other month.
- Winter Clothes - Stores have to start making room for their spring collections.
- Bedding (specifically sheets) - They're always on sale in January. It actually dates back to 1878 when a department store owner in Phildadelphia did it.