Amazing Uses for Leftover Hot Dog Buns
Let's be honest, as long as hot dogs come in a pack of 8, and buns come in a pack of 10, there's a pretty good bet that you might have a couple of buns leftover. I mean, who made that decision?? You don't want them to go stale, so we checked in with the folks at My Recipes and MSN to see if we can re purpose those buns into something delish. And the answer was yes. Check out some of the brilliant suggestions below, and get the recipes here. And Happy 4th of July, fellow Americans!
- Homemade Croutons - and so much cheaper than store bought
- French Toast Sticks - add some maple syrup, and you're set
- Breakfast Bake - you can pick sweet or savory
- Panzanella - not sure what this is, but I'm up for trying everything once
- Thicken Soups - this works just as good as flour or corn starch
- Tiramisu - use those buns instead of lady fingers
- Bread Pudding - use a mixture of buns and any other stale bread you might have hanging around.
- Garlic Breadsticks - add some garlic butter and oregano, toast, and you're done
- Meatball Binder - perfect for holding together the ground meat
- Homemade Bread Crumbs - add a little seasoning, and use in your next gournet creation