Beautiful Waterfront Parks in Louisiana
I'm always up for a road trip around our state, especially in the summer. And now that temps are heading towards melt down status, looking for ways to cool off is a top priority for anyone in Louisiana!
Only in Louisiana has some beautiful waterfront parks that are now on my list to visit this summer. We have 22 state parks available for summer fun, have you been to any of the ones below?
- Cypremort Point State Park, 306 Beach Lane, Cypremort Point. A fisherman's paradise located on gorgeous Vermilion Bay
- Lake D’Arbonne State Park, 3628 Par Road, Farmerville. 655 acres that include fishing and and an 18 hole golf course
- White Sands Lake Day Beach, 13301 LA-1073, Franklinton. You can rent a canoe or a kayak, and also partake in the family friendly aqua park activities. This secluded spot is off the beaten path, but worth the drive for the beautiful lake views
- Lake Claiborne State Park, 225 State Park Road, Homer. Great fishing, and as a nice beach for the kids
- Chicot State Park, 3469 Chicot Park Road, Ville Platte. The largest state park in Louisiana, with over 6,400 acres to explore
- Kiroli Park, 820 Kiroli Road, West Monroe. A hidden gem with playgrounds, picnic areas, and a fishing pond.
- Millenium Park, 1100 Bord Du Lac Drive, Lake Charles. A rock climbing wall, splash pad for the kids, and beautiful sunset views of the water
- Grand Isle State Park, 108 Admiral Craik Drive, Grand Isle. What's not to love about camping right on the beach?!