Construction At Broussard’s St. Julien Park Enters Phase II
The forthcoming St. Julien Park in Broussard has reached its second phase of construction Director of Broussard Parks and Recreation Jack Hains announced.
Hains said, during Phase II of construction, many of the park's unique facilities will be completed. He offered the following list of projects as being constructed and finished during this next phase:
- Concessions stands for both the baseball and softball complex
- Tennis and basketball courts
- Sodded and artificial turf for the soccer and football complexes
- Drainage system and roadways
- Amphitheater with lawn-style seating
The park which he said will be "second to none" and "one of the first of its kind in Louisiana and the south," is being funded by a half-cent sales tax in Broussard.
An updated view of the construction progress can be viewed in the video below.