Court documents say then-18-year-old Daisy Lynn Landry died of a drug overdose at a home on Leguna Street on May 23, 2017, according to KLFY.

According to Malik Davis' testimony, he found her body upstairs 45 minutes after her last heroin injection, and with the help of Matthew Perez, they wrapped her body in a shower curtain and a stolen sleeping bag and dumped it in a neighbor's trash bin.

Her body has still not been found, though, even after Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office deputies and cadaver dogs searched the parish landfill. And, according to News15, a search of a landfill in Welsh has not turned up her body as well.

Davis, Perez, and Devan Dufour have each been charged with one count of Obstruction of Justice. Davis was facing a second degree murder charge.




Malik Davis, the man believed to be the primary suspect in Jacquelynn "Daisy Lynn" Landry's death, has reached a plea deal according to our news partners at KATC.

District Attorney Keith Stutes, who says Landry's family was consulted on the plea agreement, says Davis has been sentenced to 10 years behind bars after pleading guilty to one count of Obstruction of Justice.

Authorities continue to investigate.


A spokeswoman for the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office says there have been additional arrests in the murder case of Daisy Lynn Landry.

Valerie Ponseti with the Public Affairs Department of the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office says that detectives from LPSO arrested two 26-year-old men.

The two people, Matthew Perez and Devan Dufour have been charged with Obstruction of Justice in the case.

Because this is an ongoing investigation, Ponseti says they are not releasing any other information about these arrests at this time.

The man who is accused in her death, Malik Davis, had his trial rescheduled after his attorneys were in court in May of this month.

The search for this young woman began in May 23 of 2017, and scores of volunteers along with officials, have searched multiple times.

While Davis has been arrested in connection with the woman's homicide, and now two others, family members say they still have very little information about what happened to the young woman.



More From 97.3 The Dawg