Scott Firefighters Finish Cutting Grass for Man Who Needed Medical Attention
The Scott Fire Department recently responded to a call after a man overheated while working in his yard.
After paramedics arrived on the scene and took the man to a local medical facility, some members of the Scott Fire Dept. remained on the scene until someone showed up to watch the man's children.
While waiting, some of the firefighters finished cutting the man's grass at his house. They saw the lawnmower in the yard and they took it upon themselves to get the job done.
This is one of the many reasons why we love calling Acadiana home. We truly do always answer the call.
Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier tells KATC-TV 3 that the man is doing well and should make a full recovery.
We do remind you though to always drink plenty of water and to take frequent breaks while working outdoors during the summer months.
Job well-done, Scott Firefighters.