Section of Dulles Drive Closing as Part of Widening Project
A huge portion of the Dulles Drive Widening Project is set to begin on Monday, June 15, and last for approximately 1.5 years.
Lafayette Consolidated Government workers will be closing Dulles Drive from the eastern part of its intersection with Westgate Rd. (LA 93) to Bon Vie Dr. and N. Domingue Rd. from Ravine Run Rd to Dulles Drive.
This is part of a multi-phased project that's expected to take 2.5 years. Here are some key elements of the project:
- Dulles Drive will be widened from two lanes with open ditches to three lanes concrete roadway with subsurface drainage, sidewalks, and street lights from the eastern side of its intersection with Westgate Road (LA 93) through Ambassadory Caffery.
- The bridge will be replaced
- A roundabout and additional turn lanes will be constructed at N. Domingue Road and Ambassador Caffery, respectively.
- Drivers will be directed to utilize N. Domingue Road, West Congress Road, and Rue de Belier (LA 93).
- Local access for The Open Door Church located at 1709 Dulles Drive will be maintained.