USPS Suspends Services at Some LA Locations Ahead of Laura
As we are getting closer to landfall for Hurricane Laura, the United States Postal Service has made the decision to temporarily suspend services at several Louisiana locations. According to WWL in New Orleans, the services include retail and delivery to mainly coastal areas that have been issued evacuation orders ahead of the hurricane. An official statement was sent out and said “We apologize for any inconvenience customers may experience, but the safety of both customers and employees comes first." There is, of course, a possibility that other locations will be added to the current list.
Service was temporarily suspended in New Orleans and Baton Rouge metro areas on Monday ahead of Tropical Storm Marco, but resumed today. (Tuesday, August 25) The post offices affected are listed below. You can also check for USPS residential service disruptions at any time in the state of Louisiana here.
- Lafitte Post Office, 2630 Jean Lafitte Blvd., 70067-9998
- Grand Isle Post Office, 3393 Highway 1, 70358-9998
- Braithwaite Post Office, 2729 English Turn Rd., 70040-999
- Buras Post Office, 37823 Highway 23, 70041-5807
- Port Sulphur Post Office, 26852 Highway 23 Ste. A, 70083-9998
- Montegut Post Office, 1225 Highway 55, 70377-9998
- Barataria Post Office, 4164 Privateer Blvd., 70036