Magical Christmas Celebrations Across Louisiana [VIDEO]
If you've been waiting for the holidays all year, just to celebrate at some of your favorite festivals and events around the state, then welcome to Christmas in Louisiana! We are blessed with pretty mild weather at this time of year, so it makes heading out to one of the fabulous holiday events that much sweeter.
Only in Louisiana has a list of some festivities for 2018 that you won't want to miss. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas, y'all!
- Alexandria / Pineville - the fabulous Christmas parade on December 7 is a highlight of the season
- Opelousas - Le Vieux Village historic Christmas lighting, invites the whole community out for gumbo and holiday cheer. The lighting event is December 7 from 5:00 - 8:30 pm
- Natchitoches - the historic 'Christmas Festival of Lights' is the first weekend of every December
- Lafayette - Noel Acadien au Village is celebrated at historic Acadien Village. December 1 - 23
- Shreveport - 'Christmas at Roseland' is held at the American Rose Center - November 23 - December 22
- New Orleans - 'Celebration in the Oaks' is an amazing display of lights at City Park. November 30 - January 1. Closed November 26, 27, 28, 29, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. Also open November 23, 24, 25. Preview party is November 16
- Lutcher - The Festival of the Bonfires is one of Louisiana's most unique holiday celebrations, and is held this year on December 14-16
- Minden - part of the North Louisiana Holiday Trail of Lights, with Christmas events every weekend in December
- Monroe / West Monroe - 'Christmas on the River' is an annual event with spectacular parades, fireworks, and holiday lights - November 16 - December 31 at various locations and towns around the parish
Check this video out below from last years celebration in Natchitoches.