Abbeville Man Arrested in Large-Scale Drug Operation Bust in Vermilion Parish, Louisiana
ABBEVILLE, La. (KPEL News) - It was an arrest months in the making.
The Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office says countless hours of surveillance into a large-scale narcotics manufacturing and distribution operation has yielded in an arrest after agents were able to seize drugs that included suspected marijuana, crack cocaine, and powder cocaine, among other items:
- $19,352.37 in suspected drug proceed money
- 6 firearms with 1 being reported stolen
- 176.36 grams of suspected crack cocaine
- 166.41 grams of suspected powder cocaine
- 238 grams of suspected marijuana
- One suboxone strip
- Various items used in the process of manufacturing crack cocaine.
Timothy Willis of Abbeville was placed behind bars and faces the following charges:
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule II, (Crack Cocaine)
- Manufacturing of Schedule II (Crack Cocaine)
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule I (Marijuana)
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
- Transactions Involving Drug Proceeds
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule II, (Cocaine)
- Possession of Schedule III, (Suboxone)
- Illegal possession of a stolen firearm
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Vermilion Parish Sheriff Mike Couvillon had this message:
(I) would like to thank the Mayors, and their council, of Abbeville, Kaplan, Maurice and Erath, along with their Chiefs of Police, for their support of the Vermilion Municipal and Sheriff’s Narcotics Task Force. Sheriff Couvillon also applauds the concerned citizens of Vermilion Parish for their awareness and assistance in helping the Task Force in fighting the war on illegal drugs.
If you have any illegal drug activity to report, contact the Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s Office or the Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit at 337-740-4501 or E-mail the Task Force anonymously at firstname.lastname@example.org and your e-mail will be held in the “strictest of confidence” and replied to in a very timely manner. More information on reporting drug activities can be seen at www.vpso.net. Click on Narcotics and fill out the TURN IN A PUSHER information.